We inspire the evolution of our living environment by creating buildings that promote health and protect the planet.
Our vision is a future where all buildings support the health of communities and a thriving natural world.
We believe all people should have access to healthy buildings, fresh air, clean water, nourishing food, and resilient landscapes. We are working toward a future where all buildings produce more renewable energy than they consume; buildings clean our air, clean our water, and sequester carbon from our atmosphere; and rooftops are both garden landscapes and solar energy generators.
Our Commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Reaching this vision requires an ongoing commitment to advancing social justice, diversity, equity and inclusion (JEDI) within our organization and our communities. This includes:
- Holding ourselves accountable to being an antiracist organization, including seeking out ways to eliminate all forms of systemic injustices, racism and ethnic oppression;
- Fostering a company culture where problems are met with curiosity, not blame, and where mistakes are managed, not punished;
- Fostering a work environment where people feel welcome and safe to express their ideas;
- Ensuring our policies and practices promote equity and inclusion and address societal inequities that disproportionately impact vulnerable communities;
- Ensuring employment practices promote fairness in recruitment, hiring, retention and advancement within our organization;
- Strengthening outreach to women and minority-owned businesses;
- Bringing in a diverse range of outside experts to share their knowledge.
Company & Project Values
During the design build process, we make a multitude of decisions that have impacts on people and the planet, in many cases for generations to come. Our company values and project values motivate us to continually strive for excellence.
Life at Green Hammer
Founded in 2002, Green Hammer is certified B Corporation and a full-service design-build firm known for its commitment to excellence in environmental design and performance. One of Oregon's leading green building firms, we have been recognized as a B-Corp Best of the World Honoree, one of Oregon's Most Admired Companies, one of Oregon's Best Green Workplaces, and as an Earth Advantage Builder of the Year Hall of Fame inductee. We are a Gold-certified business in the City of Portland's Sustainability at Work program.
Go here to view current job openings.